The Dordt University Rec Center is open as of Monday, May 11. It’s current hours are as follows…
- Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Rec Center Users and Patron expectations
1. If you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness or sickness that may or may not be related to COVID-19, we respectfully ask you to refrain from visiting the Dordt University Rec Center.
2. All users MUST check in at the front desk and may enter with acknowledgement from Rec Center Staff after fulfilling screening requirements.
3. All users MUST wipe down equipment (weight equipment and fitness equipment) when finished using with the provided disinfectant wipes. This includes dumbbells, weight bars, and weight
4. All users MUST abide by CDC guidelines outlining social distancing of staying at least 6 feet away from other users and Rec Center staff members.
5. All users MUST enter the facility through the SOUTH entrance.
6. Users under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their parent or guardian. No Exceptions!
7. Water Bottle filling stations on drinking fountains will be available. Users should bring their own water bottles.
8. Workout towel service will be available.
Space and Facility Equipment Available
1. Community weight room will be limited to no more than 10 users at a time.
2. All fitness equipment is currently available and has been moved or relocated to allow for appropriate social distancing.
3. The walking track is available for use in the direction specified by Rec Center Staff.
4. The Aerobics room is closed.
5. The Locker Rooms and Showers are closed.
6. The Racquetball Courts are CLOSED.
7. Aerobic/fitness mats are available for check out from behind front desk.
8. Basketballs can be checked out from the front desk and MUST be returned when finished.
9. Basketball hoops are available for single person use or immediate family use only. No exceptions!
10. All space and equipment is available on a first come first served basis. No reservations for court space or equipment space will be taken at this time.
11. Restrooms in the south hallway of the rec center will be available for use.
Dordt University Cleaning
1. All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day and routinely throughout the day.
2. All restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day, and routinely throughout the day.
3. Door handles and other touch points will be cleaned and sanitized routinely throughout the day.